Today, Taylor lost her umbilical cord stump. It's day 17 and I think that's pretty average - especially since it's winter and I believe air is supposed to help dry it out...she rarely has her belly exposed since it's so cold out. It's been the first few days on our own. Jarad, Camille, Archer and Avalon arrived on Dec 26 and left on January 4. It was great having them here and am so happy our house was able to accommodate the whole fam. Avalon is super chatty and Archer is still working on his words so he "grunts" a lot to try to get attention but no one knows what he wants so I think it's a frustrating time for both him and those around him.
They're great but it was a lot of energy in the house so we're equally enjoying the quiet times. We actually have had friends over every day/night since Thursday so tomorrow will be our first day without any visitors.
I think we're on a good schedule - for example, Taylor went to sleep last night around 9:30 and then I got up with her around 2 for a feeding - her diaper was clean but at the end of the feeding I had to change it. She went back to bed around 2:30am and then I got up with her again at 5 for another feeding and again, put her back to bed until 8am. Each of these times, I had a mental timer to get up and she was kinda stirring but not crying at all. I change her diaper to wake her up enough to eat. The night before, Chris got up with her at 4am for the feeding and gave her a bottle of pumped milk. The first problem with this plan is that she decided she didn't want to go back to bed and he was then up with her until 5:30. The other problem is that I had gone from 11am to 7am without nursing so I was desperate for her to nurse since my milk is now totally in.
During the day, she's on a good routine of feeding every 2.5-3 hours. She stays awake for about 30-60 minutes after and then naps anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours between feedings. We're following Baby Wise so she'll nurse immediately after waking up and then we want to keep her awake after feeding. I laid her on her back under the pad with mobile and she was totally interested and not crying. Not sure if it's usual for a 2-week old to be wide awake and not fussing but it's so fun when she is.
For recording purposes, I started weighing in at 140 - my personal heaviest and just breached 180 when I went into labor. The day we came home from the hospital I weighed in at 160 and in the last week I've lost 3 more pounds. My goal is to get down to 120 - I healthy and comfortable weight for me so I want to lose the remaining 17 pregnancy pounds as well as the 20 pounds that...well...is extra and unnecessary ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment