Friday, January 27, 2012

Schedule

We're just 5 weeks in but already have fallen into a comfortable schedule with Taylor.  We are so blessed she is a great eater and sleeper -

Here is the schedule we're working on:
2am - Feeding
7am - wake up and Feeding
9:30 - Feeding
10 - pump
12noon - Feeding
1-3pm - Nap
3pm - Feeding
6pm - Feeding
9pm - Feeding
10pm - nighttime routine

For the 2am feeding, I generally have to wake her up.  We ran out of cloth diapers so we've been using disposable at night and last night she went 10 hours without a change...and without complaining so the wicking disposables are probably the way to go but guess we haven't let her go that long with cloth so we won't know.  The worst part of her schedule is that I need her to get up and have a good feeding in the morning because I'm so engorged.  I pumped the last few mornings right at 7:30 (after the first feeding) because we had workings building a new fence in the back and therefore I had to pump early to not freak those guys out.  However, I think my body is producing a lot in the early morning to accommodate that so I hope it will to not produce so much in the early morning.

When I pump, I generally go for 20-30 minutes and will get around 140-160 ML.  Or about 5 ounces.  I'm definitely over producing right now but like to have a bit of a stock pile in the fridge/freezer.  I also might donate some milk to friends that weren't able to nurse.  Apparently one pumping would sell for about $27 - kinda crazy so if I'm able to give away some my friends might appreciate it.

Taylor is a bit fussy at night/evening.  We are following Baby Wise (mostly) and are working on keeping her away after feedings.  Apparently feedings become a crutch for falling asleep so we're trying to get on the Eat - Play - Sleep schedule which seems to be working.  She is still falling asleep or not fully waking up for the middle of the night feeding and, if I changed her diaper I know she would wake up but so would I.  She's not hard to get to sleep but I have a hard time going back to sleep after that feeding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment